Celebrate May 1
Religious Brothers Day
Celebrate Religious Brothers Day!
Get the Religious Brothers Day Guide here (English, Italian, and Spanish)
Pray: Pray for Brothers, for those in discernment, and for many others to be open to and respond to the call to this vocation, and use these resources:
- Religious Brothers Day prayer card (PDF) (2 cards/page)
- Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer (from Br. Sean Whitty, CFC)
- One-day and three-day (triduum) Prayer Services (Salesians)
Thank: Tell a brother you know how much you appreciate his vocation
Celebrate: Gather as a community to share in the joy of your vocation
Share: Spread the word about the vocation and life of Catholic brothers by word and online
- @religiousbrothersday (Facebook) and add a frame to your Facebook profile photo (click edit on your photo, choose “add frame,” type in “Religious Brothers Day,” and select)
The Benedictine monks celebrated Mass in honor of Saint Joseph the Worker after morning prayer in the Abbey church. In the evening, they gathered for a social prepared by Bro. Isaac, remarks from Abbot John Klassen, and singing of show tunes with Father Bob on the clavinova.
April 28, 2019
11 a.m. Mass
St. Gregory the Great Church
242-20 88th Avenue, Bellerose, NY 11426
Contact: Sr. Maryann Seton Lopiccolo, SC
Office of Episcopal Delegate for Religious
Brooklyn has 80 Brothers from these communities:
- De La Salle Christian Brothers
- Franciscan Brothers of Brooklyn
- Franciscan Missionary Brothers
- Marist Brothers of the Schools
- Sacred Heart Brothers
- Xaverian Brothers
- Passionist Brothers
- Redemptorist Brothers
Dominican Brother Ignatius Perkins, OP, wrote a beautiful reflection, “Ministers of Mercy and Compassion: The Identity and Mission of Dominican Brothers for the Third Millennium,” in preparation for Religious Brothers Day on May 1, 2019.
On Sunday, April 28, 2019, the friars will preach on the vocation of brother in many of the parishes served by the province, and the Province will join in morning prayer for brothers and for vocations to the religious life on May 1, Religious Brothers Day.
(Thank you for sharing this on our Religious Brothers Day Facebook page!)
Please send pictures, reflections, and recollections of local celebrations to Brother Peter O’Loughlin, CFC, to share and help inspire others. (Please note if we have permission to post photos here and/or on Facebook.) Thank you!